Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Day 2 at Ryoken - Biwako Ryokusuitei

Another lavish feast that was delicious. No idea what I ate. :)




My onion grilled a little smile 



Cookies in the room have a different picture every night
The onsen here was fabulous. No pics, for obvious reasons, but it was just lovely. After doing the hot indoor and outdoor pools, I found a warm pool and just soaked. Imagine a bathtub that continually fills with water just the right temperature, that's the perfect size to sit in supported. It was heavenly.

The staff didn't speak a lot of English, but they were exceptional at making me feel well taken care of, while still making sure I understood the proper etiquette.

Bathroom was interesting. I'm pretty sure it was added later, and kind of felt like a cramped version of a cruise boats accommodations. 

put my backpack in the tub for scale.

(note the bathroom slippers)

Not sure you can tell from the picture, but the shower is attached to the sink.

But honestly, the shower accommodations in the baths was great, so no real reason to spend much time in that odd tub.

Loved this experience, glad I went traditional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another day, another adventure

On the beautiful island of Puerto Rico with Andrea and Kevin. First beverage in hand! Already confronting cultural differences with a cockfi...